Ingredients -In Order Of Operations
- Large pot
- 1TBSP olive oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion diced
- 1-2 big carrots cubed
- 4 celery cubed
- 1 or 2 jalpenos diced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of left over white wine, or more if you wish. (Red would be good as well.)
- 1 veggie bouillon cube. Mix in 2 cups of hot water.
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas / 1 can.
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1TBSP of rosemary (To taste if fresh)
- Drizzle Oil into pot, put on med-low heat.
- Chop veggies, add to a big pot as you chop. (S&P to taste)
- Could splash in some wine at this point.
- Let simmer with the lid on for about 5-10 mins.
- Boil 3 cups of water off to the side.
- Add chickpeas and rice to big pot. Sauté on high for 1 minute stir a couple times.
- Add crushed tomatoes to pot.
- Stir bouillon cube into boiled water, add to pot.
- Add herbs, S&P to taste. (Maybe another splash of wine…)
- Bring everything to a quick boil, then it is ready to eat.
I generally leave this in the pot for the next few days. Every time we have a big pot of something I do this. Then I just toss it on the stove top and it magically gets better and better every night. Also great for lunches, or to portion and freeze. I do everything in big batches, and we never waste a thing.
This time I used left over wine from the weekend, left over chickpeas, and left over rice. Getting crafty with left overs is my specialty. I was even thinking about saving my veggie ends and boil them after a couple days to make my own stock. WAYYY better then the cubes. I would also LOVE to can my own tomatoes! Someday! The goal is to eat as clean as I can. The process is fun. I am learning so much, and really enjoying making things from scratch. This is helping my waistline more then I can explain. I swear you cut the salt in half!
Happy Cooking Meowzies.
Love within, love around.
Erin Nicole Bick
Join my team of vibrant leaders: http://www.prosperityvoyager.com
Facebook: Erin Nicole Bick
YouTube Channel: Mz.Bick